Posted: 6 December 2017
It was a lovely day for Father Christmas to arrive at Kirkcudbright Harbour to an excited crowd. Gary McKie, assisted by retired naval officer and Greyfriars member, Nigel Davies, piloted the boat carrying him safely ashore.
Father Christmas and his pipers were escorted to the parish hall where a variety of stalls offered lots of ideas for Christmas presents. Father Christmas with his special elf, both helped by Mother Christmas, had a great time meeting lots of children to hear their Christmas wishes. The Inner Wheel cafe was a welcome place to sit and have a mince pie and cup of tea.
Winter Wonderland is an annual event organised by Vivien Dania and members of Greyfriars congregation. This year we raised a massive £2,300; 10% of which will go to the Inner Wheel charities, The Macular Society and Marie Curie.
Thanks to everyone involved in ensuring that this event was such a success.
- The Inner Wheel Cafe Experience The Inner Wheel Cafe Experience
- Everyone flocking to the parish hall Everyone flocking to the parish hall
- Santa and his pipers Santa and his pipers
- Santa piloted safely into harbour by Gary Mckie, assisted by Nigel Santa piloted safely into harbour by Gary Mckie, assisted by Nigel
- Waiting for the hordes to descend Waiting for the hordes to descend
- Ho!-Ho!-Ho! Ho!-Ho!-Ho!