Greyfriars and St. Mary’s is a linked charge of the Scottish Episcopal Church in the diocese of Glasgow and Galloway. The church in Kirkcudbright dates back to Medieval times, and in Gatehouse of Fleet to 1840. We hope you will find in these pages welcome, inspiration and information.
Mike Ashmore, Richard Glass, Barbara Hawkesford and Andy Courtnadge recently represented St Mary’s and Greyfriars at a social gathering of the Churches Trust in Bothwell Parish, near Glasgow, in the presence of HRH Princess Anne to whom they were presented. The Churches Conservation Trust were particularly generous in helping fund our stained-glass windows repairs in Gatehouse.
Following the recent special synods in St. Mary’s Cathedral Glasgow, as no candidate received the clear majority required for a successful appointment, the process continues. The Rector along with our two Lay Representatives continue with the process of discerning the future of episcopal oversight in the diocese of Glasgow & Galloway. We will keep our two churches updated, and pray for the right person to be elected as our next bishop.